Are you a downtown denizen? Or do you need to trek to downtown Seattle for business or pleasure this summer? If so, you might want to stop by City Hall Park at 450 3rd Avenue to participate in various summer weekday activities through August.
* Games available weekdays from 10 am to 6 pm.
* Food trucks weekdays from 11 am to 2 pm.
* Buskers weekdays 12 pm to 6 pm.
* Live music concerts on Tuesdays from 12 pm to 1 pm.
* Painting in the Park on Thursdays from 4 pm to 6 pm. (Paint on a small canvas for free and take your masterpiece home with you.)
* Chess tournaments on Fridays at 12 pm.
When I was at Commodore Park in June several men were scattered around with their easels painting. I asked if they were taking a class and was told no, they are friends who get together every month or two at different locations around Seattle to enjoy their painting hobby. I thought that was pretty cool. (I’ve seen painters all around Volunteer Park on one of my visits there also.)
I don’t often photograph people (aside from family snapshots), but as I was leaving for the day this gentleman was starting to pack up and I asked if I could take his photo with his paintings. He happily agreed. Posted for Cee’s Oddball Photo Challenge (but not implying this nice man is an oddball!).